5 Christmas desserts that will decorate the table
Every hostess wants to surprise her guests. Awesome treats that are easy to make at home can help with this. Guests will be delighted and will definitely ask for a recipe.
A traditional European treat can be prepared quickly and easily. The basic recipe is diversified by pleasant additions in the form of pieces of chocolate, raisins or confectionery powder.
- honey - 300 gr;
- sugar - 250 gr;
- butter - 200 gr;
- flour - 0.75 kg;
- eggs - 4 pcs.;
- ground ginger - 2 tsp;
- cinnamon - 2 tsp;
- cocoa powder - 2 tsp;
- baking powder - 4 tsp;
- orange zest - 2 tsp;
- vanillin - 2 pinches.
- Mix melted butter with liquid honey, sugar and eggs.
- Add all the spices and knead the dough. Send to a cool place for an hour.
- Roll out the workpiece into a uniform layer up to 1 cm thick.
- Using molds, cut future gingerbread from the cake.
- Spread baking paper or parchment on a baking sheet and put the dough on it.
- Bake until tender for 25 minutes at 180 degrees.
- Remove from oven and garnish.
An extraordinary delicacy is prepared in Italy, France and even Latin America. It is noteworthy that in each country this dessert has its own characteristics, but the key components of the recipe are similar.
- nuts - 150 gr;
- honey - 260 gr;
- sugar - 200 gr;
- egg whites - 1 pc .;
- icing sugar - 100 gr;
- vegetable oil.
- Cover the baking dish with cooking paper, lightly greased with oil.
- Peel the nuts and dry a little in a pan or oven until lightly browned.
- Transfer honey to a saucepan and put on low heat. When melted, add sugar and continue the procedure for 5 minutes at a temperature of 120 degrees.
- In a separate bowl, mix protein and powdered sugar. Beat with a mixer until fluffy and even foam is formed.
- Slowly add honey syrup to the resulting mass, without stopping stirring.
- Continue beating for about 5 minutes more.
- Add nuts to the working mixture and mix thoroughly.
- Carefully pour the resulting mass into a prepared baking dish.
- Cut a shape out of cooking paper to fit the top of the nut mixture and cover.
- Send to a cool place for 3-4 hours. Cut into a convenient shape.
Creamy Chocolate Pudding
This delicate dessert will be a great addition to your Christmas feast. The main advantage of the dish is that it can be shaped into any shape.
- cream 15% - 100 gr;
- milk 3.2% - 300 ml;
- dark chocolate - 100 gr;
- sugar - 100 gr;
- vanilla sugar - 10 gr;
- instant gelatin - 15 g;
- cocoa powder - 1 tsp
- Pour milk into a saucepan and heat slightly. Add gelatin and mix thoroughly.
- Bring the mixture to a boil, stirring constantly. Do not cook the workpiece, but completely dissolve the gelatin.
- Add cream, vanilla and regular sugar. Stir and bring to a boil again.
- Pour half of the resulting mass into molds.
- Add chocolate to the rest of the milk-gelatin base. It should be either finely chopped or grated.
- Place the mixture on the lowest heat and dissolve the chocolate completely.
- The resulting mass is carefully poured into molds on top of the previous one. Cover with cooking wrap and send to a cool place for 4-5 hours.
- Remove the finished dish from the molds and serve. Use cocoa powder as decoration. Optionally can be replaced with coconut flakes.
The log will definitely attract attention and will be remembered for a long time by guests not only for its unusual appearance, but also for its excellent taste.
Ingredients for the biscuit:
- chicken eggs - 4 pcs.;
- sugar - 3 tbsp. l .;
- flour - 2 tbsp. l .;
- corn starch - 2 tbsp. l.
For the cream:
- vanilla sugar - 1 tsp;
- butter - 250 gr;
- icing sugar - 200 gr;
- milk - 100 ml;
- cocoa powder - 4 tbsp. l .;
- vanilla sugar.
- vanilla sugar - 2 tsp;
- cocoa powder - 2 tbsp. l .;
- icing sugar - 1 tbsp. l.
- Beat eggs with sugar with a mixer until dense foam appears for 7 minutes.
- In a separate bowl, mix starch and flour, add through a sieve into the egg mixture. Stir until smooth.
- Cover a baking sheet with cooking paper, pour out the blank and bake at 170 degrees for 15-20 minutes until tender.
- Take out the finished cake, remove the parchment, gently roll it into a roll and cool.
- Boil the milk, then cool and pour into cocoa powder, icing sugar, butter and vanilla sugar. Stir the mass with a mixer at low speed for at least 10 minutes.
- Unfold the roll, grease the cake with half of the resulting cream, sprinkle with grated chocolate and roll again.
- Cut off 1/3 of the blanks at an angle of 45 degrees, attach to the side with a cream, and cover the rest of the roll.
- Using a knife, gently make an imitation of the bark and sprinkle with cocoa powder. Decorate with powdered sugar on top.
A traditional German dessert will become an integral part of the Christmas table.
- butter - 130 gr;
- egg - 1 pc.;
- sugar - 100 gr;
- flour - 300 gr;
- cottage cheese - 130 gr;
- orange - 1 pc.;
- baking powder - 1 tsp;
- raisins, dried apricots, walnuts - 50 g each;
- dried cherries - 100 gr;
- candied fruits - 50 gr;
- melted butter - 40 gr;
- cognac - 50 ml;
- icing sugar for decoration.
Rate the article:
(5 votes, average: 3.4 out of 5)
Share with your friends!
Top 5 recipes for Christmas desserts
07 December 2017
With the holidays approaching, we want to please our relatives with something special and tasty, something that will definitely remind of Christmas, give a feeling of comfort, home and family warmth. What can cope with this better than traditional Christmas desserts, the recipes of which have been tried and tested for centuries, and their taste gives incredible pleasure? After all, Christmas itself is a time of traditions that are passed down from generation to generation. Therefore, we have prepared for you top 5 most famous and delicious recipes for traditional Christmas desserts, which have long been the attributes of this holiday.
Plus, all of our recipes are presented in handy infographics. You no longer need to rewrite everything for a long time and carefully - you just need to save a picture with a recipe on your gadget and it will always be at your fingertips!
Cooking is easy with vsetut!
Gingerbread - this is what Christmas cannot be imagined without. Fragrant, with a refined taste of ginger - they immediately give a festive mood to everyone who tries them. Decorated with artistic painting, gingerbread figures in the form of little men, houses and bells have long become a special attribute of Christmas.
Turron is an easy to prepare yet sophisticated dessert traditionally made with honey, sugar, egg whites and roasted almonds or other nuts. These are traditional Christmas sweets in Italy, Spain and the Czech Republic, some of its varieties are also common in France (called nougat) and Latin America. The oldest recipe for making turron was recorded as far back as the 16th century. And it is still a favorite Christmas treat for both children and adults.
Creamy Chocolate Pudding
Pudding is a traditional English dessert. The tradition of baking Christmas pudding dates back to the Middle Ages. It was once prepared at the beginning of Advent (Christmas fast). Traditionally, each member of the family had to take turns stirring the mass to prepare the pudding, and then it slowly ripened in a cool place, waiting for its hour, that is, Christmas. Nowadays, there are many options for preparing this dessert, each of which has an amazing taste.
Sponge roll "Christmas log" - a traditional Christmas dessert in France. It is called so in honor of the Christmas log, which was traditionally decorated and burned in the fireplace at Christmas, making a wish. Since the 19th century. they began to make the log edible, that is, they began to prepare a roll, trying to visually make it as similar as possible to a real log. French housewives say: the more the dessert looks like a wooden original, the more happiness the "Christmas log" will bring into the house.
Stollen - traditional German Christmas pastries. In Germany, it is so popular that here, in Dresden, they even host the Stollen festival. This recipe was first mentioned in 1329 and has a rich history. It is prepared from butter yeast dough with the addition of a large amount of butter, raisins, nuts and candied fruits. After baking, the stollen is covered with melted butter and icing sugar on top, making the famous "snow crust".
We wish you happy and delicious holidays!
Remember, cooking with vsetut is easy!
The most delicious Christmas desserts
It is customary to have a lot of pastries on the Christmas festive table. As a rule, it is the main delicious dessert. But, in this article we want to give some recipes for desserts for Christmas, which have nothing to do with baking.
For various reasons, some people don't eat baked goods. How can they be on the eve and celebration of Christmas, when baking is almost the main sweet treat for adults and children? We offer Christmas desserts that are prepared without flour, with fruits and berries. All in all, low-calorie desserts for Christmas to please even the pickiest guest.
Christmas Dessert Recipes
Meringue with berries and ice cream
A light and airy dessert for the preparation of which you will need six egg whites, one and a half cups of powdered sugar, a teaspoon of vanilla extract, two tablespoons of cornstarch, a tablespoon of wine vinegar, 200 grams of ice cream, a glass of red wine, 250 grams of raspberries and strawberries (cut in half ), 150 grams of red currants, a cinnamon stick, a third of a glass of sugar (for the sauce).
Beat the whites and powdered sugar in a water bath until the sugar is completely dissolved. Then remove the meringue from the water bath, beat with a mixer until a fluffy mass is obtained. Add vanilla, starch and wine vinegar, stir gently. Put the meringues in small cakes on baking paper and cook for an hour at a temperature of 120 degrees. Then turn off the heat and keep the meringue in the oven for a couple of hours, until it dries and cools completely. Mix wine, icing sugar and vanilla, add cinnamon. Boil the mixture over moderate heat until boiling and a few minutes after boiling. Then add thawed berries to wine vinegar and boil for a minute. Then add a third of a glass of cold water, stir and boil for another three minutes. The sauce should become thicker, after which it should be removed from the heat and cooled. Put meringue in a glass for serving dessert, put ice cream on top, pour over with wine and berry sauce.
Jelly with tangerine
If you're looking for a dessert to make for Christmas that is light yet sweet, then this is one of the perfect options. To prepare the dish, you will need 300 ml of sweet wine, two pinches of ground cinnamon, two teaspoons of jelly, one tangerine (based on two 200 ml glasses of dessert). Peel the tangerine and cut each slice into two parts. Heat the wine, add cinnamon and jelly to it. Bring to a boil, but do not boil. Pour into glasses with prepared tangerines. Refrigerate for two hours. Serve deliciously with grated bitter chocolate.
And also you can please your loved ones with creamy orange jelly.
Fruit with sour cream
Christmas desserts from different countries are not only about baked goods. We offer such an exotic version of the dish. To prepare it, you need to take 4 kiwi, 350 grams of fresh pineapple pulp, half a glass of passionfruit pulp, 80 ml of coconut liqueur, 115 grams of finger-shaped biscuits and a third of a glass of coconut flakes. For the cream, you will need 500 grams of sour cream (25% fat), the juice of one orange, three egg whites, 30 grams of gelatin, vanilla sugar and zest to taste. Mix the kiwi and pineapple pulp with the coconut liqueur. Grind until puree. To prepare the cream, beat the sour cream with sugar, add the zest. Dissolve gelatin in orange juice and add time. Beat the whites and gently put in the sour cream, then add the passionfruit pulp. Divide biscuits into equal number of servings. Put the cream on the bottom of the serving glass, then the biscuits, then again the cream and fruit puree. Then again the cream, and repeat the layers until you reach the top of the glass. Put glasses in the refrigerator for ten minutes. During this time, donate coconut flakes in a dry frying pan. Sprinkle the dessert with shavings before serving.
There are traditional Christmas desserts that do not require baking. This pudding is one such recipe. To make the pudding, you will need 230 grams of bread crumbs, a glass of dark and light raisins, a cup of currants, half a glass of sugar, a pinch of cinnamon and nutmeg, 220 grams of butter, a little salt, four eggs, half a glass of orange marmalade and dark rum. To prepare the cream, take two glasses of powdered sugar, 10 tablespoons of butter, a little sea salt and two tablespoons of brandy.
Add raisins and currants to the breadcrumbs, mix the mass in a food processor, but try not to turn the pudding base into a paste. Add the rest of the ingredients for the dough to the resulting mass. Grease a mold with oil and pour out the pudding mixture. Place the pan in a pot of water and bring to a boil. Then steam the dessert for six hours. After that, remove the foam from the pudding and cool the dish. Then the pudding must be refrigerated for several days. Serve dessert for Christmas dessert with sour cream and butter sauce.
Christmas desserts are bound to be sweet and chocolatey. This mousse is a direct confirmation of this. From the ingredients for cooking, you will need 200 grams of milk chocolate with hazelnuts, three eggs, 125 ml of cream, a little powdered sugar and candy for decoration. Melt the chocolate in a water bath. Beat the yolks and add to the chocolate, which has already cooled to room temperature. Stir everything well. Beat the cream well with a mixer and gradually add it to the chocolate mass. Now distribute the mousse into the cups, covered with a paper napkin, and refrigerate for an hour. Sprinkle with icing sugar and garnish with Christmas candies before serving.
And you can see the photo recipe for chocolate mousse at the link.
Scooters with cottage cheese
If you still want to have baked goods on the Christmas table, but want to make it less traditional, then you will surely like the recipe for these juices and their taste. To prepare this dessert, 150 grams of butter, three glasses of flour, seven tablespoons of sour cream, five tablespoons of sugar, two eggs, a little baking powder, a pinch of salt, half a lemon are taken. For the filling, 100 grams of sugar, 40 grams of sour cream, 300 grams of cottage cheese and half a lemon are used.
Grate the lemon zest on a fine grater, mash the melted butter with a fork, add sugar and grind the mixture until smooth. Then add eggs, sour cream and salt. Gradually add flour and baking powder to the mixture. Knead a soft dough, add the zest. Roll out the dough and cut out circles with a diameter of 10 cm and a centimeter in thickness.
To prepare the filling, mix sour cream, zest, sugar and cottage cheese. Put two teaspoons of the filling in each dough circle. Fold the circle in half and pinch the edges well.Powder each juice with flour and put on a baking sheet, brush with whipped yolk. Bake for 35 minutes, sprinkle with icing sugar.
And also a Christmas log will look very impressive on the festive table.
Prepare unusual Christmas desserts to surprise guests and delight loved ones. Happy Holidays and Merry Christmas!
- Such a decoration is very easy to make; it is enough to thoroughly beat the egg whites with sugar with the addition of lemon juice into a lush foam.
- If you want two colors of stars, add some cocoa to the mixture.
- Line a baking tray with parchment and use a pastry syringe to squeeze out the mixture in the form of small snowflakes.
- When you start drawing snowflakes with a pastry syringe, make sure that their shape is not large, the same size and rather simple.
- When all the snowflakes are ready, place them in a warm place.
- You can also put it in a preheated (low heat) oven for 1-2 minutes.
- When the snowflakes are completely dry, decorate them with silver or multi-colored sugar beads by lightly pressing them with your fingers and put them in a box with a tight-fitting lid.
- The same method can be used to prepare, for example, the moon and stars by mixing a protein mixture with a yellow dye for the moon, and tint the mixture for the stars with blue.
How to serve
Use snowflakes to decorate New Year's baked goods and desserts.
Happy New Year 2020 and Merry Christmas, a wonderful Christian holiday, to everyone! The recipes proposed today do not have to be prepared exactly on Christmas, but still the Christmas festive table requires careful selection of the menu. Talk with your loved ones about what they would like to enjoy during the New Year holidays. Tell them about our recipes and cook with pleasure and knowledge. And after the holidays, we are waiting for your responses in the comments to this article.