Recipe for pickled cucumbers with red currants
Cucumbers should be soaked in cold water for 6-12 hours. For the marinade, I take 1 tablespoon of salt, 1 teaspoon of sugar per liter of water, add cloves, allspice and other seasonings to taste.
Then I put currants, cucumbers, black currant leaves, dill in layers in a jar and pour boiling marinade. Sterilize.
The advantages of this recipe: no vinegar and excellent taste of pickled cucumbers.
O. Goncharova, gardener, winner of the "Summer Season" competition
Tags: preserves cucumbers recipes
How to marinate cucumbers to make them delicious and crispy
In my piggy bank of recipes, there are many interesting things, there are some subtleties and notes that will be useful to housewives in preparing this wonderful blank.
- Use vegetables that were picked immediately, or no more than a day.
- For the marinade, you need clean well water, or spring water, chlorinated from the tap is not suitable.
- Rock salt is needed, not iodized in any way.
- Choose green vegetables with thin skin, preferably small in size.
- For crunch, put in jars: horseradish root, currant leaves, oak leaves, cherry leaves.
- To avoid the appearance of emptiness in vegetables, be sure to fill them with cold water for a couple of hours, they will become stronger.
- To preserve hardness and elasticity, pouring should be repeated (2-3 times, without sterilization).
- As spices and spices are used: onions, garlic, carrots, horseradish leaves, oak, cherries, currants, dill, parsley, basil, mustard, and even marigolds, yes, it is this flower that adds piquancy to conservation.
- Density will be given by mustard grains, but garlic, on the contrary, will make them a little softer.
- To make the cucumbers crisp, some hostesses add vodka to each jar.
- It is better not to wrap the jars, or do it for a couple of hours, it is important not to overexpose, otherwise they will be like boiled ones.
These are some simple tips, and if you have something to add, then please write below in the comments. These tips will come in handy for many housewives, especially beginners.
Cooking technology for pickling cucumbers with red currants
First you need to prepare all the ingredients for canning cucumbers. The initial quantity of products is calculated for 1.8 liters of the finished product. Those. to prepare the blank, I will need 2 cans of 0.5 liters each and 1 can of 0.8 liters, as well as 3 lids for rolling.
Cucumbers, greens and my red currants in running water. I wash the lids and pour boiling water over them. It is enough to simply wash the cans with the addition of soda, since in the future I will sterilize the workpiece. I put celery leaves on the bottom in clean jars.
Then I put the gherkins, alternating them with sprigs of red currants. This should be done tightly enough, but so as not to crush the berries.
Then I prepare the marinade for the gherkins. I pour 1.2 liters of water into the ladle. I add salt, sugar, black peppercorns. I put it on fire and bring it to a boil.
I pour cucumbers in jars with boiling marinade. I catch black peppercorns and carefully distribute them among the jars (5 pieces per jar). Pour mustard seeds into the jars on top.
I take a large pot. I put a thick cloth or an old kitchen towel on the bottom. I put the jars in the pot (I do not close the lids). I pour in warm water. It is warm. If you pour in a cold one, the jars can crack from the temperature drop (since we have a hot marinade in the jars). I put the pot on fire, bring the water to a boil and sterilize the jars for 5-6 minutes.
After 5-6 minutes of sterilization, the jars are carefully removed from the pan, covered with lids and rolled up. I leave the closed jars until they cool completely, and then store them in a dark, cool place.
Pickled gherkins with red currant sprigs and celery leaves are ready. Bon Appetit!
Until next time! Write, share your recipes, I will answer all your questions with great pleasure.
Crispy cucumbers in 3 liter jars
In this recipe, cucumbers are pickled with a little vinegar. The secret to their great taste is the addition of aspirin to the jar. Such cucumbers are stored very well, without changing their color and taste, only they are eaten very quickly. Tomatoes and spices give the cucumbers special flavoring notes.
Ingredients (for one 3 liter can):
- Cucumbers - 2 kg.
- Tomatoes - 4 pcs.
- Garlic - 4 cloves.
- Dill - 2 stems with umbrellas.
- Horseradish leaf - 1 pc.
- Black currant leaf - 5 pcs.
- Cherry leaf - 8 pcs.
- Tarragon - 2 branches.
- Allspice - 4 pcs.
- Black peppercorns - 10-15 pcs.
- Cloves - 4 pcs.
- Hot pepper to taste
- Salt - 3 tbsp. l.
- Sugar - 2 tbsp. l.
- Vinegar essence 70% - 2/3 tsp
- Aspirin - 2.5 tablets.
- Soak the cucumbers for 4 hours in cold water (if possible, in spring water). It is enough to soak freshly picked cucumbers for 2 hours. As a result, the cucumbers will become juicy and crispy.
- Sterilize washed cans and seaming lids by any means. You can also use screw caps.
- Sort out the necessary greens and rinse well with running water. Pour boiling water over greens purchased on the market.
- Rinse the soaked cucumbers well and remove the tips on both sides, which is necessary for even soaking them with the marinade.
- Put clean greens in prepared jars. If there are no spices, no problem. Garlic, dill, horseradish and pepper are important for pickling. The rest of the herbs only add their own flavor notes.
- Place the cloves, the pepper mixture, and a chunk of hot pepper in the jars.
- Place the prepared cucumbers in jars in any way - both vertically and horizontally. Place a few small tomatoes in the middle of the jar. They will add their sourness to the cucumbers. Remember that overgrown pickles are not suitable for pickling as they will not be crispy. Pack the vegetables very tightly, as more fruit and less marinade are needed for a crisp taste.
- Place the peeled garlic, cut into slices, between the cucumbers. Do not add a lot of garlic, as it will soften the cucumbers.
- Place a horseradish sheet on top of the vegetables to keep out mold.
- Pour the specified amount of salt and sugar into each jar.
- Their combination in this recipe is harmonious and there is no predominance of any taste.
- Boil water in a separate saucepan and pour over cucumbers in jars with it. Cover the jars with lids and let sit for 10 minutes.
- Then pour the marinade from the jars through a special lid into the same saucepan and boil again.
- Repeat the pouring process followed by boiling the marinade three times.
- When pouring, air bubbles will be released from the vegetables and the amount of liquid will decrease. Add boiled water to the marinade in the required amount. Before the third pouring, add powdered aspirin and a little vinegar essence (1/2 tsp) to the jars.
- After the third filling, cover the jars with lids and wait 10 minutes until all air bubbles come out.
- Then roll up the cans, turn them upside down and wrap them with a warm blanket.
- Leave the cucumbers to cool completely overnight, then store them in a dark and cool place.
Spicy pickled cucumbers with peppers without sterilization
For a 1.5 liter jar:
- Cucumbers (the amount depends on the size) - 10 pcs.
- Hot pepper - 1 pc.
- Sweet pepper - 0.75 - 1 pc.
- Young garlic - 3 cloves
- Horseradish leaves - 1 pc.
- Dill inflorescences - 1 pc.
- Salt - 40 g
- Sugar - 30 g
- Vinegar 9% - 35 g
- Prepare the ingredients for making pickled cucumbers with peppers. Peel, wash and chop the garlic. Peel the bell peppers and cut into 4-6 pieces. Wash horseradish leaves and dill inflorescences with cold water. Wash the bitter pepper and cut off the stalk. Fill sterilized jars with cucumbers.
- Then put hot and sweet peppers in a jar.
- Add 3 cloves of garlic there.
- You also need to add a horseradish leaf and a dill inflorescence to the jar.
- In this way, prepare all the banks. Then cut the remaining cucumbers into slices 1.5-2 cm thick. Fill the jars to the brim with sliced cucumbers.
- Pour boiling water over and cover with hot sterilized lids. Leave on for 20-30 minutes.
- Drain all the jars into a saucepan and add sugar and salt. Put on fire and bring to a boil.
- Add 35 g of vinegar to each jar.
- Pour cucumbers with hot marinade and roll up. Spicy pickled cucumbers (without sterilization) are ready.
Cucumbers with red currants
Cucumbers with red currants
This is my favorite cucumber recipe. We eat them first or leave them for the big holidays. The taste is very interesting and not hackneyed. The main thing is to catch the moment so that the cucumbers with currants ripen at the same time.
- 2 kg of cucumbers,
- 500 g of red currants in bunches,
- 70 g sugar
- 30 g salt
- 50 ml of apple cider vinegar,
- 1 liter of water
Rinse the cucumbers, cut off the ends and place vertically in prepared jars (we use 2L jars). Place bunches of red currants scalded with boiling water between the cucumbers.
cucumbers with red currants
Dissolve salt, sugar, vinegar in water, bring to a boil and pour over cucumbers. Then drain the filling, strain, bring to a boil and re-fill the cucumbers. Repeat two more times. After that, roll up the cans, turn them upside down and let cool.
Cucumbers with red currants for the winter
Cucumbers with red currants for the winter - an unusual, bright and colorful piece. Of the many pickled cucumber recipes, this one is one of my favorites. Looks great and the recipe is easy to prepare.
Ingredients (for 5 liter jars):
black peppercorns - 50 pcs.
Marinade (for 2 liters of water):
Once upon a time, a friend treated me to cucumbers with red currants. I asked her for a recipe, the recipe was for a three-liter jar, there was no vinegar in the recipe. I closed it according to her recipe, but my cucumbers exploded back in August, I don't know what was the matter, or whether the variety of currants in our country house is sweet, but all the jars are gone. The next year I started experimenting with my marinade, for some cucumbers were sour, for others salty. And now, after a few years, I finally found the perfect marinade, now everyone likes cucumbers and I am sharing the recipe with you. Cucumbers for five liter jars will need about two kilograms, in each jar I put six medium cucumbers, the rest of the place is occupied by currants. First, I prepare jars and lids, sterilize jars in a microwave oven, boil the lids on the stove for 2 minutes. In each jar I put a horseradish leaf, an umbrella of dill, 2 cloves of garlic, 2 cloves, 2 allspice peas, 10 black peppercorns and half a teaspoon of coriander seeds. For cucumbers, I cut off the ends on both sides and put them vertically in the jar, so that there is a place between them. Put the red currants on top and shake the jar so that the currants are well distributed in the voids between the cucumbers. Having spread out in all the jars, pour the cucumbers with boiling water, cover them on top with iron lids and leave them for 20 minutes. After a while, I pour the water into a two-liter jar (in order to accurately calculate the amount of marinade), the water is usually a little short of up to two liters, I add it. After measuring the water, I pour it into a saucepan and make a marinade on its basis. I add salt and sugar to the water, put on fire and boil for 5 minutes. Then I pour in the vinegar and boil for another 2 minutes. Pour cucumbers with currants with hot marinade, roll up the jars, turn over and wrap them until they cool completely. I store it in the pantry, they are great! Cucumbers with red currants for the winter ready! For a more detailed cooking recipe, see the video. Bon Appetit!