Garden trip to England - COMPLETED
Join All About Garden on an inspiring journey to the rose gardens of the south east of England with Sissinghurst Castle, Beth Chatto Gardens and Vale End. In addition to beautiful gardens, we also have time for a whole day at the world's largest garden fair, the Hampton Court Palace Flower Show!
WE WILL VISIT ALL THESE GARDENS:
Beth Chatto Gardens
- Beth Chatto, garden personality and author of a number of popular garden books. Here is a beautiful landscape park and a well-stocked nursery.
Gunilla Pickard's garden
Gunilla Pickard's garden.
- it will be especially nice for us from Sweden to visit the Swedish garden designer Gunilla Pickard's own private garden in the village of Great Waltham.
We will see something as unique as a Dutch-influenced garden, created by a Swede in the garden country England!
- on a south slope in Edenbridge with magnificent views of the Ashdown Forest lies Lewins. The owners Valerie and Derek Roberts live in a beautiful Victorian house and the lovely garden contains 600 roses of various varieties and a 200 meter long rose hedge as well as a rose pergola that is overflowing with climbing roses.
Sissinghurst Castle Garden
- an enchanting garden of great importance for English garden design, created by the author Vita Sackville-West and Sir Harold Nicolson. We come at the time when the large rose garden is at its most beautiful.
RHS Garden Wisley
- the English Garden Society's beautiful display garden in Surrey. Here, all garden types are represented, from mixed flower beds and roses to a wild garden, experimental fields and orchards.
- a lovely cottage garden in several different levels with many exciting garden rooms, packed with different plants. The owner is Daphne Foulsham, former chairman of The National Scheme, which publishes "The Yellow Book".
Hampton Court Palace Flower Show - the world's largest garden fair!
Hampton Court Palace Flower Show.
Here is everything, around 45 idea gardens that compete with each other.
Lots of ideas, inspiration to pick up and shopping to take home!
In The Rose Festival, most of the English rose companies exhibit, and this year's Rose of the Year 2009 is also nominated!
Departure date: July 7, 2009 Travel duration: 5 days, 4 nights
• Travel time: 5 days, 4 nights
• Price from Stockholm: SEK 11,790, from Copenhagen: SEK 12,290, for part in a double room
• In a three star hotel. Supplement for single room SEK 1,100.
• The hotel includes half board (breakfast and dinner).
• Tour leader: Maria Engblom, Rosebud’s Tours
For further information, contact Rosebud’s Tours, tel: 0243-166 20.
Mon – Fri, 09.00–15.00, or via e-mail: [email protected]
More information: www.rosebuds-tours.se
Limited number of participants.
- Organic farmhouse with garden and excursions to secret beaches
- 25 min by car to Kotor, 30 to Budva and 20 to Tivat Airport
- Organic meals, meditation and yoga, water sports
Hoping to have a healthier hol than usual on your next trip abroad. Boost the chances with a stay at Pachamama Farmstay, an eco site in Montenegro’s Kotor Bay area with a community feel and a focus on permaculture. It’s got all the ingredients for a wellness-themed trip if that’s what you’re after, from yoga and meditation retreats to conscious dance workshops.
Then there are the actual ingredients. this site puts food on the table (breakfast and dinner are available to order) made from eggs laid by its chickens and veg and herbs grown in the small organic garden.
When you’re not making the most of all that, have a go at waterskiing, wakeboarding, snorkelling and standup paddleboarding on some of the glassy blue waters of the nearby Adriatic Sea coastline - including at Jaz beach 20 minutes ’drive away.
Got the kids with you? Blue Horizon beach around the same distance away is a stunning sandy spot with a clear and shallow shore and pretty pine woods as its backdrop. It's also worth pointing out that the beach is home to an ice cream parlor. Further afield, all ages should like tracking down some secret beaches that Pachamama Farmstay’s owners reckon only the locals know about: ask for details on site - and about the top treks in the Lovćen National Park (an hour and 10 minutes ’drive) too.
Once the adventures are over for the day it's time to settle in the wild grass back on site, finding a spot under the shade of the trees, or set forth on a laidback activity like a stroll beside the bobbing boats of the Porto Montenegro marina a 25-minute drive away.